Light and Dark
1) Ref. 1:1, where else do you see similar language describing Jesus?
How is Jesus described in 1 John 1 and how is he described in John 1?
2) In 1 John 1:1-4, what does John say about the “word of life”? How
would you describe the value of John’s eyewitness account of Jesus?
3)How would you describe the significance of 1 John 1:6-7?
1) How would you describe to a friend what it means that “God is
2) How do you know if you are in genuine fellowship with God and other
3) Ref. 1 John 1:8-10, how serious is our sin? Does God care about our sin after we become a Christian? In your opinion, does we as the contemporary church have a proper perspective about our sin?
Experiencing genuine fellowship with God and other believers is only achieved by walking in the light of God’s precepts and expectation
Young Adult & Student Pastor
You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.